By Jennifer McDougall
Many of us have vitamin deficiencies that we are completely unaware of but need to recognize. One of the most common vitamin deficiencies is Vitamin D. Have you ever noticed how much better you feel on vacation- when you are out in the sun for a while and soaking up the rays? That’s because your body is taking in vitamin D. This is something we don’t get when we are cooped up inside and feel increasingly bloated, tired, depressed, unmotivated, and uninspired.
There are so many benefits of vitamin D. Research has shown that vitamin D has the power to improve your mood, strengthen your bones, assist with weight loss, regulate blood pressure, and increase your endurance. So to prevent you from being part of the 35% of Americans who are vitamin D deficient, here are 5 things you need to look out for as signs that it’s time to get out in the sun and take vitamin D supplements.
- You feel sad, lost, confused, or lonely when you are generally happy and stable.
- Your muscles seem smaller than usual, but you work out regularly.
- Your body is susceptible to pain, and you feel aching in your bones.
- You have little energy throughout the day and often reach for the 2 pm cup of coffee.
- You have lost color in your face, and your skin is anything but glowing at the moment.
Here are several suggestions for supplements and ways to get vitamin D to feel your best.
- Supplements: NatureWise Vitamin D3
- Spend 20-30 minutes outside every day, unless weather conditions do not permit.
- Eat more salmon, tuna, trout, and eel.
- Eat egg yolks regularly.
- Use ultraviolet lamps occasionally, but in moderation.
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™
Photo by: Jennifer McDougall