By Jennifer McDougall
Besides not waking up with a painful headache and a list of regrets from the night before, there are several other reasons to quit drinking alcohol. The amount of damage alcohol does to your body should be enough to avoid alcohol altogether, but for many, it’s not.
What if I told you that your overall quality of life would dramatically improve without alcohol? Within weeks, you could see increased productivity at work and more money in the bank. Do I have your attention? Okay, good.
If you are unsure whether or not you should quit drinking, here are a few clues to help you see that this is, without a doubt, the right move for you.
- If you find yourself drinking alone more than three nights a week.
- If you are lying to others about your drinking habits.
- If you have a reckless attitude that leads you to drive under the influence.
- If you wake up with one-too-many moral hangovers full of shame and regret.
- If your relationships are falling apart because of your intoxicated behaviors.
- If your job or career is suffering due to a lack of arriving on time, performing tasks that are expected of you, and failing to follow through on ideas and promises.
- If your self-esteem is at rock bottom because you no longer see yourself as someone making good decisions and prospering in life.
- If you start fights while intoxicated and cause unnecessary drama, that makes you look ridiculous.
- If someone mentions that it’s time to give up your drinking habits.
- If you have increased anxiety and body aches.
- If your face begins to appear more puffy than usual.
- If your doctor suggests you dry up and get sober due to health concerns.
- You have to ask yourself if 10 am is too early to start drinking.
Now that you’ve established that this habit is making your life more and more unbearable, it’s time to look at the benefits of putting down the bottle. Keep in mind there are more than just ten benefits, but these are the ones we think are the most important.
To promote a healthier brain and liver.
Increase your energy level.
Save a lot more money for valuable things that matter and are worth investing in.
You will boost your levels of creativity.
Improve your overall complexion.
Wake up earlier feeling refreshed and more energized.
Gain mental clarity- say goodbye to a cloudy mind.
You will feel empowered to make the most of life and help others.
You will feel much happier and more self-confident.
Will have more time for productive and exciting hobbies.
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™