By Jennifer McDougall
Besides not waking up with a painful headache and a list of regrets from the night before there are several other reasons to quit drinking alcohol. The amount of damage alcohol does to your body should be enough reason to avoid alcohol altogether, but for many, it’s not.
What if I told you that your overall quality of life would dramatically improve with the absence of alcohol? Within weeks you could see increased productivity at work and more money in the bank. Do I have your attention? Okay, good.
If you are unsure whether or not you should quit drinking, here are a few clues to help you see that this is without a doubt the right move for you.
- If you find yourself drinking alone more than three nights a week.
- If you are lying to others about your drinking habits.
- If you have a reckless attitude which leads you to drive under the influence.
- If you wake up with one-too-many moral hangovers full of shame and regret.
- If your relationships are falling apart because of your intoxicated behaviors.
- If your job or career is suffering due to the lack of arriving on time, performing tasks that are expected of you and failure to follow through on ideas and promises.
- If your self-esteem is at rock bottom because you no longer see yourself as someone who is making good decisions and prospering in life.
- If you start fights while your intoxicated and cause unnecessary drama that end up making you look ridiculous.
- If someone mentions to you that it’s time to give up your drinking habits.
- If you have increased anxiety and body aches.
- If your face begins to appear more puffy than usual.
- If your doctor suggests you dry up and get sober due to health concerns.
- If you have to ask yourself if 10 am is too early to start drinking.
Now that you’ve established the fact that this habit is making your life more and more unbearable it’s time to look at the benefits of putting down the bottle. Keep in mind there are more than just 10 benefits, but these are the ones we think are the most important.
To promote a healthier brain and liver.
Increase your energy level.
Save a lot more money for valuable things that actually matter and are worth investing in.
You will boost your levels of creativity.
Improve your overall complexion.
Wake up earlier feeling refreshed and more energized.
Gain mental clarity- say goodbye to a cloudy mind.
You will feel empowered to make the most out of life and help other people.
You will feel much happier and self-confident.
Will have more time for productive and exciting hobbies.
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™