Want to get in shape, achieve greater health and feel your very best? These yummy recipes are perfect for warm summer months when you need foods that are both hydrating and refreshing.
Pear Pomegranate Salsa
Makes about 3 Cups:
- 2 fresh pairs (of any kind) cored and diced
- 1 fresh pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- Toss all ingredients together until combined.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to two days.
- In case you need it, here’s a tutorial on how to open and de-seed a pomegranate.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Makes 6, 2/3 cup portions:
- 1 1/2 lb. peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves – crushed
- 2 tbsp lime juice (from 1 medium lime)
- 3-4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Season the shrimp with cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tsp of the oil to the pan, then add half of the shrimp. Cook them undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn the shrimp over and cook until opaque throughout, about one minute. Transfer to plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining shrimp to the pan and cook, undisturbed, for about two minutes. Turn the shrimp over, add the garlic, and cook until the shrimp is opaque throughout, about 1 minute. Return the 1st batch of shrimp to the skillet, mix well so that the garlic is evenly incorporated and remove the pan from the heat.
- Squeeze the lime juice over all of the shrimp. Add the cilantro, toss well, and serve.