by Jennifer McDougall
“The world is actually a mirror, and as you change, you will see everything around you changing as well, mirroring your changes.”
― Chris Prentiss, Be Who You Want, Have What You Want: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
Have you started thinking about what you would like the new year look like? Do you have a clear vision and a plan to ensure the new year will be one of success by achieving your goals and embracing your greatest strengths while building on your weaker points that need extra work? These are all things to ponder on while we welcome in the new year.
Time slips by so quickly. It’s important to create a plan and draw out your daily, weekly, monthly, and in this case, yearly goals. Here are 10 helpful questions to ask yourself before you start writing down what you want your goals to be for the new year.
- What made you the happiest this year?
- What are you most grateful for from this year?
- What was an important lesson you learned?
- How did your life evolve this year?
- What habit did you break this year?
- What do you want to learn in the new year?
- What habits do you want to break this coming year?
- Is there anything you feel you wasted time on this past year?
- Is there anything you feel you wasted money on this past year?
- What do you want your theme for the new year to be?
Put your mind at ease as the days approach to welcome in a new year. With a clear mind and determination to accomplish your goals, you are in the perfect position to achieve more than you may imagine possible. Life is going to continue to happen to you and all around you, whether you decide to get up and participate or not.
Opportunities are going to come your way and unexpected things are going to happen. You will have moments where you are forced to be strong when you want to break down and fall apart. You will find hope and a new feeling of peace, no matter how long you’ve felt lost. There will come a day where love will meet you right there in the middle and you will finally know the true meaning of your path to .
People are going to hurt you; they will try to break you. Bad habits will take a toll; they will poison your mind, body, and spirit. You will break free; you will discover stability and good health. Are you ready for a fresh start?
Create a plan for the new year so you can thrive and continue to grow into the person you’ve always wanted to become. Here are 10 helpful tips to ensure a great new year.
- Think about what worked and what did not work for you this past year. Reevaluate how you plan to approach similar situations in the future for better results.
- Choose 3 books you have always wanted to read and put them out on your coffee table in plain sight. Start by reading one at a time for at least 20 minutes a day.
- Dedicate yourself to a morning workout routine to force yourself outside of your comfort zone at the beginning of the day.
- Ask more questions and be curious to learn more from others and stay in touch with what is going on in your career, relationships, and personal well-being.
- Pick 3 things you want to cut out of your life completely. Write them down. Remind yourself of these things every time you are tempted to enter them into your life, then push it aside; push it away.
- Talk to someone about your goals; someone who will help keep you accountable and stay on track.
- Be specific about your goals and reward yourself with a sweet treat, a new pair of shoes, or a spa day each time you accomplish a new goal.
- Keep each goal visible to remind you every day of what you want. Remember, it’s okay to change or adjust that goal over time too. As we evolve and grow in life, our vision expands, sometimes changes.
- Spend less money on things you DO NOT NEED. Manage your finances better so that you can save more, spend less, and feel more at peace.
- Tie up all loose ends by the end of the day. Revisit your to-do list and see what you can get done before the day is through. Somethings may have to wait for the next day and that’s, okay. It will help to stay organized in every area of your life.
Recommended Reading: Be Who You Want, Have What You Want
How to Contact Passages Addiction Treatment Centers:
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.