By Jennifer McDougall
What do you do when you’re ready to get sober and change your life for the better? Well, it’s a lot easier than you may think. At Passages Addiction Treatment Centers, we make getting sober a tranquil and safe process that will have you thriving in absolute harmony in all areas of your life—that is if you are willing to use the proper tools provided to you through our comprehensive holistic therapy methods. Many people come to Passages feeling broken, wounded, damaged, hopeless, unbalanced, and sick. If you are one of those people who have spent the last several days, weeks, months, maybe even years feeling remotely similar—it could be time to contact Passages.
When was the last time you felt motivated, fulfilled, inspired, and satisfied in life? Do you continue reaching to achieve a better level of health and happiness, but your self-destructive habits and poor choices keep dragging you back down the road of a toxic lifestyle? Are you ready to try something different?
The first thing you should do if you want to get sober is to reach out to Passages for addiction treatment options. We offer several programs that can help you get back on your feet, stronger than before. One of the things most people don’t realize is that Passages Addiction Treatment Centers accepts most insurance policies that cover a large percentage of treatment.
If you have already gone through addiction treatment and are looking for support or ideas to stay sober, please take a moment to read the following 20 tips that will help you throughout your sober journey.
- Sober Living or transitional living homes with a stable environment
- Begin a healthy workout routine
- Create goals for yourself
- Pick up a new hobby or two
- Live in the present
- Practice mindful meditation
- Surround yourself with positive influences
- Travel more frequently
- Keep yourself in check with self-care
- Ongoing forgiveness and let go of resentment
- Maintain a clean home and living area (including your car)
- Learn to be stern about not going down a dangerous road that could lead to relapse
- Embrace your skills and talents
- Repair broken relationships
- Spend time surrounded by nature
- Remind yourself constantly of what you’re grateful for
- Continuing education
- Resist temptations and triggers
- Read more books
- Outpatient Addiction Treatment
How to Contact Passages Malibu
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.