By Jennifer McDougall
While many people are stuck at home, finding themselves bored, with more time on their hands than they know what to do with, the number of people abusing drugs and alcohol is on the rise. According to Nielsen data, alcohol sales have risen 55 percent in the week ending March 21.
“U.S. sales of alcoholic beverages rose 55% in the week ending March 21, according to market research firm Nielsen. Spirits like tequila, gin and pre-mixed cocktails led the way, with sales jumping 75% compared to the same period last year. Wine sales were up 66% while beer sales rose 42%. And online sales far outpaced in-store sales.” – AP News
Evidently liquor stores are considered essential businesses in the United States, making buying alcohol convenient and available during this time of crisis. The trouble is that as more people flock to the liquor stores and back home to indulge in toxic self-soothing remedies to cope with the current pandemic, not only are these people exposing themselves to public places during a time where the majority of us should be staying home, the probability of them becoming dependant on substances increases dramatically. Fortunately, there are many resources for people who are struggling with drug and alcohol dependencies, such as here at Passages Addiction Treatment Centers.
Mental health is also a big concern for people in quarantine and struggling to stay calm with productive activities to help pass the time. More people than probably ever before are having a difficult time lowering feelings of stress and anxiety, causing them to crave substances to numb the pain and discomfort.
A lack of meaningful connections such as support from those who share common interests as you who are there for you to lean on and care about you causes a sense of disconnect during this time of quarantine. What we need to embrace most of all right now is staying connected with one another through text messaging, video chatting, and social media so that we can maintain and a healthy level of connectivity to each other. When people feel lonely or withdrawn from society, they tend to move towards drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with the pain of their feeling of not being part of the community or a strong support system.
At Passages Malibu, we offer a true alternative to 12-step addiction rehab. We have been providing holistic therapy for people seeking a non-disease model, non-AA, cutting-edge treatment since 2001.
Our alternative treatment program is designed to completely heal all aspects of your life damaged by addiction, including your physical health, your professional & personal relationships, your self-esteem, and more. No two programs are alike, and each alternative treatment plan is customized for you, by you, with your specific situation in mind.
At Passages Malibu, you can expect the very best from our alternative approach to addiction treatment:
- We will truly represent the definition of holistic treatment, which means we heal the entire person, from the inside out, through a variety of different methods that address mental, physical, and spiritual health.
- We will treat each client with respect and dignity, and we will never employ punitive treatment methods.
- We believe that every person is dealing with unique circumstances, and therefore we make every treatment plan unique and do not adhere to the one-size-fits-all group approach.
- We will focus on healing the underlying issues that are causing you to use drugs or alcohol, and we acknowledge that drug or alcohol abuse is a symptom of a larger underlying problem.
- We will never make you declare yourself powerless with a disease.
- We are accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO) and licensed by the State of California to offer drug and alcohol treatment, and we utilize diverse therapeutic disciplines from across the world in our program.
What sets Passages apart is that we thoroughly address and treat every aspect of dependency. Our alternative approach to drug and alcohol rehabilitation is ultimately very straightforward: We do not believe that you are powerless against addiction, and we emphasize healing instead of labeling.
Don’t live the rest of your life one day at a time – live fully, peacefully, and free from addiction with the help of our alternative addiction treatment program.
How to Contact Passages Addiction Treatment Centers:
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.