By Jennifer McDougall
Do you ever get so busy you forget to take care of yourself? You get so caught up in the day-to-day motions of work, family, and all the plans you set out for yourself, therefore, you unfortunately forget to leave time practice self-care. This happens to all of us from time to time because we aren’t always careful to pay attention to when we need to slow down and focus on treating ourselves. When life gets busy, remind yourself that you need to slow down and take a break. Don’t exhaust yourself. Stay connected to your mind, body, and soul. As a result, you to be happier, healthier, and more fulfilled.
Here are 30 tips or suggestions for you to stay in tune with yourself, making sure you feel great, look great, and take the best care of yourself so you can be productive in all areas of your life.
- Practice good hygiene every single day
- Eat healthy meals and stay properly fueled
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Forgive yourself wholeheartedly
- Be gentle with your thoughts- your mind is a powerful thing
- Keep your home clean and organized
- Get outside and soak up the sun
- Take a nap
- Go to sleep early & wake up early
- Stop beating yourself up for not adding up to your own standards
- Avoid drugs and alcohol
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated everyday
- Avoid negative influences and interactions
- Stop comparing yourself to others—we are all on our path, respect that
- Do something nice for someone else
- Think things out before making any rational decisions—feel it out
- Pay attention to how you’re feeling. Listen to your body.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes’ daily
- Journal your thoughts and daily experiences
- Build strong relationships with friends, family, and co-workers
- Allow yourself to have new experiences
- Step outside of your comfort zone with fearlessness and confidence
- Read for 20 minutes a day
- Mediate at least once a day
- If it doesn’t feel right or doesn’t suit you, say “NO” and don’t feel bad about it
- Pay your bills on time
- Spend less. Save more.
- Treat yourself to fresh flowers and desserts
- Turn up the music—sway to the rhythm
- Take the proper vitamins and supplements your body needs to thrive
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™
Images via We Heart It