When the Broncos and the Seahawks face off on Super Bowl Sunday, everyone knows that delectable snacks are just as important as the big game (and some pretty amazing commercials). If you’re planning a Super Bowl party and want to keep things healthy, we’d like to offer you these delicious, clean food alternatives to the usual junk that all too often finds its way onto coffee tables across the country. Special thanks to the Passages Malibu Pinterest page for these tasty treats!
Pizza Bites, Zucchini Style
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- Olive Oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup Shredded Part Skim Mozzarella
- Fresh Veggies, Lean Meats for topping (optional)
- Cut zucchini about 1/4 inch thick. Spray both sides of zucchini slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil or grill the zucchini for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Top each slice with sauce, cheese and optional toppings if desired. Broil for an additional minute or two. Be careful not to burn cheese.
Guacamole Toast with Shrimp
- A dozen shrimps
- 2 Avocados
- 1 White onion
- Sesame seeds
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Slices of Black Bread (or any kind of bread you like!)
- Start by shelling shrimp. Cut them into small pieces and put them in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil, a tablespoon of lemon juice, sesame seeds, chopped coriander and a little salt and pepper. Let marinate for 30 minutes in a cool place.
- Peel the avocados, chop the onion and put everything in the bowl of your food processor. Add two pinches of cumin, two pinches of paprika, a pinch of cayenne pepper, some coriander leaves and remaining lemon juice and mix until the mixture is just blended.
- Cut the black bread into small thin strips, then add a title avocado puree and a few piece of shrimp.