By Jennifer McDougall
Quitting nicotine can be tough. For many people, it doesn’t happen overnight and anyone who has ever tried to quit smoking cigarettes will tell you how difficult it is. Here at Passages Addiction Treatment Centers we have several suggestions for you to do instead of smoking. Whenever you have a sudden desire to light up, do one of these 15 things instead.
- Have a cup of herbal tea
- Go for a walk or run
- Get out your notebook and write down your thoughts, ideas, frustrations, worries, or fantasies
- Have a healthy snack
- Take a nap
- Do some gardening
- Begin to color in one of those awesome adult coloring books
- Play a game on your phone or computer
- Spend time at a place nearby where smoking is not allowed
- Clean the house
- Take a relaxing bath
- Go swimming
- Organize a junk drawer or closet
- Appreciate your smoke free living space and lifestyle
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Our admissions department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™
Follow Passages Malibu on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Image via We Heart It