By Jennifer McDougall
Whether it is Bikram, Hatha, Power, or Yin Yoga, there are several benefits you should know. First, starting or ending the day with any yoga practice is one of the best ways to be sure your body receives the proper amount of daily exercise. Yoga consists of various poses that promote relaxation, total body circulation, flexibility, and weight loss and help to increase muscle tone and strength.
Years of prolonged drug and alcohol abuse will cause your body to deteriorate. Lack of exercise, an unhealthy diet, and the constant bombardment of toxins cause many health problems. Passages Malibu offers many indoor and outdoor exercise programs to combat the effects of drug use on the body.
One of the many holistic methods that we offer is yoga. This treatment is a positive, calming technique to begin steadily reversing the adverse effects of drug and alcohol use. Combined with our nutrition counseling and physical training, yoga will place you back on the path to healing. As one of the many substance abuse treatment methods we utilize at Passages Malibu, yoga stretches the muscles and soft tissues in your body and releases the lactic acids that build up in the joints and cause stiffness, pain, and fatigue.
After several yoga sessions, you will experience a better range of motion, giving you a sense of ease and fluidity. In addition, your muscles will start to strengthen, including your heart, and you will also notice an improvement in your cardio performance. Here are just some of the benefits of practicing yoga.
- It helps you be more self-aware.
- Improves your inner strength
- Decreases your blood pressure
- Increases your blood flow
- Give you a more positive perspective on life
- It helps you gain focus
- Improves your balance
- Relaxes your racing mind
- Clears and strengthens your lungs and respiratory system
- Releases tension through your entire body
- Strengthens your immune system
- Boosts your confidence and self-esteem
- Reliefs your body of aches and pains
- Improves your quality of sleep
- Decreases your level of stress
- Improves your posture
- It helps aligns your spine and gives your back more support
- Eases headaches and migraines
Call Passages Addiction Treatment Centers today if you or a loved one is battling drug and alcohol addiction. Our Admissions Department is available 24/7 and can be reached directly by calling our toll-free number at (888) 397-0112. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Passages, Where Addiction Ends and Life Begins™
Also see: Yoga, Relaxation, and Drug Treatment