We’re thrilled to share two new clean food recipes that came from the recently revamped Passages Malibu Pinterest page. We’ve got 13 pin boards up with lots of fun topics to sort through (like these two tasty recipes!).
Happy pinnning and bon appetit!
Clean Eating Slow Cooker Southwestern 2 Bean Chicken
• 4 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 oz. each)
• 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
• 1 (15 oz.) can black beans (rinsed and drained) or 1 1/3 cup home cooked beans
• 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes in juice, low sodium is best
• 1 lb. frozen and thawed organic corn (organic to avoid GMO corn)
• 1 (12 oz.) jar of your favorite salsa, no sugar added
Follow this link to visit The Gracious Pantry for directions on how to put this delicious meal together.
Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust
• Nonstick Spray
• 2 1/2 cups cauliflower, grated (about 1/2 a large head)
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (or vegan cheese substitute)
• 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup tomato sauce (aim for sugar-free!)
• 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• 2 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• Fresh basil leaves, optional
Step 1: Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
Step 2: Grate the cauliflower using a box grater or food processor until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool. (Alternate: Place cauliflower crumbles into a sauce pan, add 1 tbsp water, cover and allow to cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, or until soft)
Step 3: Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
Step 4: Top the pizza with sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 20 minutes. Top with basil before serving.