Whether you’re planning a cleanse or making healthier eating choices, smoothies, juices, and other blended beverages are delicious ways to provide your body with the vitamins and nutrients it needs to stay healthy. The two recipes below, provided by the Passages Malibu Pinterest page are both tasty starts toward turning over a new leaf. Citrus works wonders to rev up your metabolism and acai berries are loaded with antioxidants to help rid your body of nasty free radicals.
- 2 grapefruits, peeled
- 2 blood oranges (or regular oranges or tangerines), peeled
- 7 carrots
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- Simply run all ingredients through a juicer and enjoy!
If available: consider purchasing organic produce – not only are organic fruits and vegetables often more flavorful, but they lack harmful pesticides that are often found on conventionally grown produce. Check out the
The 2014 Dirty Dozen list by the Environmental Working Group to learn more.
- Yield: 2 medium-sized servings
- Acai Puree:
- 1 pouch frozen acai puree (find at your local health food store)
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 5 oz. Greek Yogurt
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon coconut chips (or shredded coconut)
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
- 2 tablespoons silvered almonds
- 2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons granola (or toasted rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Using your blender or food processor, blend the acai puree, banana, and greek yogurt until smooth. Pour into two small bowls.
- Finish by topping bowls with desired toppings and enjoy!