At Passages Malibu, we believe nutrition is vital to recovery and overall well-being. A balanced diet of fresh, seasonal produce can boost energy, enhance mood, and aid healing. As summer approaches, we’re excited to share five popular, healthy, and easy-to-make recipes you can incorporate into your meal plans.
1. Summer Berry Smoothie Bowl
Starting your day with a nutrient-packed smoothie bowl can provide energy and a serving of your daily fruit intake.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Toppings: Sliced almonds, chia seeds, and additional fresh berries.
Blend the banana, mixed berries, and almond milk until smooth. Pour into a bowl and add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
2. Quinoa Salad with Fresh Vegetables
A light, hearty quinoa salad packed with fresh, crunchy vegetables is perfect for a summer lunch.
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- 1 cup of chopped cucumber
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of diced red onion
- Dressing: 2 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, salt, and pepper to taste.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, and serve chilled.
3. Grilled Chicken with Avocado Salsa
This delicious grilled chicken dish with refreshing avocado salsa is a healthy dinner choice without skimping on flavor.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper for seasoning.
Grill the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt, and pepper after seasoning. Meanwhile, combine the avocado, red onion, and lime juice to make the salsa. Serve the grilled chicken topped with the avocado salsa.
4. Chilled Cucumber Soup
This chilled cucumber soup is a fantastic way to cool down on a hot summer day. It’s refreshing, hydrating, and full of vitamins.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh dill, salt, and pepper to taste.
Blend all ingredients until smooth, and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
5. Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
A vibrant fruit salad can be the perfect ending to a summer meal or a delightful snack.
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of diced pineapple
- 1 cup of diced watermelon
- Dressing: Juice of 1 lime and 2 tbsp of honey.
Combine all the fruits in a large bowl. Whisk together lime juice and honey and drizzle over the fruit. Stir gently to combine.
These recipes highlight the beauty of summer produce, and they’re simple enough to prepare even if you’re not an experienced cook. At Passages Malibu, we understand that a balanced diet is a cornerstone of overall wellness and recovery. By incorporating these recipes into your routine, you can take one more step towards a healthier lifestyle.