The beginning of Daylight Savings Time in the US means more light and warmer weather around much of the country. With a little extra time, better productivity, and more light after work all to enjoy (after everyone’s adjusted to losing that hour) and there are also some fresh seasonal offerings that mark the coming spring.
Whether you know it better as an Apple Crisp or as an Apple Crumble, this delicious dessert will bring a smile to any gathering. While fall is traditionally harvest time for Apples, crumble is the perfect recipe to be enjoyed any time of year. The recipe comes courtesy of the Passages Malibu Pinterest profile.
- Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 1 Medium Fuji or Gala Apple
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Crumble Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 packet stevia
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- Chop apple into small pieces and combine with almond milk, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Microwave for 4-5 minutes until apple becomes soft.
- In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, maple syrup, and earth balance. Microwave for 1 minute and stir
- Place cooked apples in bowl and top with crumble mixture.
- Optional: Top with 1 cup of 0% Vanilla Greek Yogurt as a light and healthy ice cream replacement