By Jennifer McDougall
Halloween is a time for spooky costumes, festive decorations, and eerie fun. But for those on the recovery journey, it’s also an opportunity to discover that celebrations can be equally delightful without alcohol. At Passages Malibu, we’re big believers in finding joy in sobriety. So, raise your alcohol-free glasses this Halloween with these spooky, sober mocktail recipes!
1. Ghostly Guava Punch
- 2 cups guava juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 lime, freshly squeezed
- Ice cubes
- Lime slices for garnish
- In a large pitcher, mix guava and pineapple juice.
- Add the freshly squeezed lime juice and stir.
- Just before serving, pour in the sparkling water and stir gently.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lime slices.
2. Witch’s Brew Berry Blast
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Crushed ice
- Blend blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries until smooth.
- In a pitcher, mix the berry blend with cranberry juice.
- Add sparkling water and stir gently.
- Serve over crushed ice.
3. Blood Orange No-Booze Boos
- 3 blood oranges, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp agave syrup (adjust to taste)
- Sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Blood orange slices for garnish
- Mix blood orange juice, lemon juice, and agave syrup in a glass.
- Fill half the glass with sparkling water and stir.
- Add ice cubes and garnish with blood orange slices.
4. Midnight Cauldron Cooler
- 2 cups apple cider (non-alcoholic)
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Apple slices for garnish
- In a large pitcher, mix apple cider and ginger ale.
- Add the cinnamon stick and let it infuse for about 10 minutes.
- Serve chilled with apple slices as garnish.
Conclusion: Cheers to a Sober Celebration!
These mocktails are not just a testament to the fun that can be had without alcohol but also a celebration of the choices made in the recovery journey. So, as you toast with your spooky sips this Halloween, remember to celebrate the spirit of sobriety and the joy it brings.